I love it when a PLAN comes together
and said we should chuck it on "nokiaplanc.com". This was one of those comments that usually goes past in the chat room without anyone doing anything about it but I thought it was pretty funny so I grabbed the domain and set it up:
No-one really took any notice and once it fell off the "newest" page on Hacker News with only 2 points I figured it was dead and stopped checking.
Hacker News actually brought it back from the dead, though! Not only did enough people upvote it that it was saved from the depths of the 2nd page on HN but it actually spent a while on the front page and inspired several spin-offs which have been gathered together by @ricardovice and the convenient and hilarious URL:
My personal favourites (in alphabetical order, of course) are:
I think the clip chosen from Plan 9 from outer space is totally the icing on the cake. Well done everyone! Definitely a fun afternoon :)
Most of all, though, I hope this spreads the word for Nokia Plan B! I'm a HUGE fan of my Nokia e72 and I'd love to be able to continue on as the Nokia purist I always have been.
Good luck to the Nokia Plan B team!
Building software in the real world - the Working Software blog
We write about our experiences, ideas and interests in business, software and the business of software. We also sometimes write about our own products (in order to promote them).
- Kill your index.php
- 18 Things I Wish I Knew 7 Years Ago
- When does automation become coding
- A list of things you can do to afford Mixergy Premium in 2012
- Thanks Louis now here is my dad
- Your templating engine sucks and everything you have ever written is spaghetti code yes you
- Energy for Opportunity website is now live
- Escaping single and double quotes in XPath queries in PHP
- The reason that outsourcing software is so difficult
- Help us build an awesome crowd sourced search engine